We flew Delhi to Munich via Dubai on 16.12.2017 and our 40” LED Smart TV got fully damaged which had fragile stickers on the box.Emirates Airline refuses to accept claim as they are not responsible for electronic items even though accepted at check in and putted many stickers.

Big loss to us just because of Airline throw your fragile TV during baggage handling. How they can run away from their responsibility?

You are not responsible for passenger baggage?I approch Customer affair but they refused to accept claim as they don’t take responsibility of Electrictonic items in baggage.

Review about: Emirates Airlines Baggage Policy.

Reason of review: Damaged or defective.

I’m not sure who carries the responsibility for handling the baggage but this has been poor from Emirates Airline side. I was really impressed up until this point, but there service has now just leaves a bad experience. I hope there’s anyone out there that can help me.

Unfortunately they are not taking any responsibility of any damage. I think they know very well that passengers are helpless until it gets legal.

You checked it as luggage!!You always ship!!

This way if it’s damaged the shipping company pays for it!! A big item such as you have shown should have never brought. But you’re learning this now. Yes I agree they should atleast replace it with an exact one.

Odds are you bought out of your home country because it was cheaper. Then you probably did go to ship it and found that the tariffs and taxes involved was more then you can anted to pay. So you come up with the not so bright idea to just check it. What you forgot is that MANY hands will be on your luggage!

More hands means more chances of damages.Meaning you would have taken a risk either way.

to Anonymous #1435886

Thanks for your opinion and suggestions but it was my decision.Because I had already purchased it and I had to move immediately.

This doesn’t mean Airline can play with your baggage, it was fragile item with many stickers on it. What it does mean ?? Common..can not leave it like this.

If something is wrong we should not accept this..this will encourage ground handling agency to play with your baggage, security and Safty of passenger valuables.Filing complaint in Dubai consumer court as well.

Pathetic Airlines and I curse them that they way they zommed in they must zoom out with that pace.

According to the Montreal Convention, airlines are responsible for the bags they allow you to check in, although their liability is limited.

If you're carrying something valuable, either get a 'special declaration of interest in the delivery of your luggage' from the airline or carry the item in your hand luggage.

For mishandled baggage claims, the liability limit of airlines is around £1,200 per passenger.

Should be banned, definitely not a professional company

The worst airline with worst service. Third class management I have ever seen.Type your message here

Really surprised how can they do this. Very unprofessional. We will avoid by traveling from emirates.

Pathetic & highly unprofessional how can they do was not expected from Emirates.

Will not fly with Emirates.

Such pathetic service .Really bad on airlines part.

If they don't care for customers than customers should avoid travelling with such airline .In future I will never travel with them.

That's really bad . We will also not use the airline services in future.

This was the worst experience with one of my friend who was traveled with Emirates airlines.How irresponsible behavior of such an airlines on international route.

Even airlines putting tag line "Whether it’s your first flight or simply your latest, we work to anticipate your every need" I don't think so that they are care about these quote.Due to irresponsible and careless attitude of Emirates flight they loss their valuable item, It's totally damaged and broken due to their negligence.

even they putted a sticker of FRAGILE on that baggage.Emirates Flight is totally responsible for this damage and should pay claim to my friends about this loss.

After all they paid all the charges for their baggage to reach them safely and secure.Emirates airlines should pay the loss of that goods to my friend.

Reason of review: Problem with delivery.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: Pay compensation and damage of that baggage.

I wrote this to IATA and trying to file a case in consumer form dubai. This is an irresponsible attitude of Airline and I will take up this further where ever I can, if they don’t accept their responsibility. They just can’t run away as baggage got damaged because of mishandling so why passenger has to bear losses.

to Siptain #1433690

Can I claim under Montreal Convention or EC261/2004 ?