My mother travelled on ek419 on 10/6/2012, she is 77years old and has arthritis in her knees so has some difficulty walking long distances. Journey from uk to australia no problem usual emirates curtious service.

Return not so good arrive at airport to be advised my mother has missed her flight, mother fainted at the check in desk, my mistake I should have checked flight time, time on ticket states 19:45 we are there at 18:10 having done online check in which states 1 hr 30 mins prior to flight. After physically holding my mother up at check in desk they bring a chair. The woman who takes my mother in the chair for the flight is rude at best, I explain that I did not realise flight time has been changed to 18:45 I would not have put my mother in this stressful position for all the world. She replies it takes some time to board 400 passengers.

My mother is crying and upset, we are told we cant go any further with her have to say goodbye hurriedly and hope she will get the assistance she requires along a very long journey home. Next day I wait until midnight to phone to ensure she has got back to uk ok. Mum tells me that the lady who assisted her was very rude. Mum said she said she was sorry if it has caused any disruption, member of staff completely ignored her.

Left her sitting in the wheel chair and stated wait there. Unfortunately I did not get this person's name who would do that with an elderly woman who has just collapsed and is upset and nervous about travelling this lng journey on her own.

Absolutely sickens me to think about this. thumbs down emirates more staff training required I think.

Product or Service Mentioned: Emirates Airlines Flight.

Company wrote 0 private or public responses to the review from Jun 16, 2012.

Comments

Just FYI people who handle wheel chairs are not airline employees. They are services provided by the airport