After an Emirates air line ground supervisor admitted me inside the gate, I asked him which way to proceed. His response to this very simple question was yelling at me at the top of his voice "Do you see any other way?" There was a door in front of me and an escalator going down on my left. So I told him that there were two ways to proceed and his job was to help me out on it. He then came towards me hysterically yelling at me to stop yelling at him. He approached me in an unsafe way so I quickly moved out of his way thinking that he would physically attack me.

I proceeded down the escalator while the original man yelled to another ground officer not to let me board. She asked me what went wrong. I told her what happened and she said that it wasn't possible for him to do that unless I had a travel document problem which wasn't the case. By this time, the original supervisor walked towards us screaming at me. He asked me to hand over my boarding pass and I refused to do so. He then came very close to me and tried to grab my hand and pull out the boarding pass from my hand 4 times! Then he told me if I say anything he would call the police and asked me to sit in the gate area. I was horrified and crying that he verbally and physically tried to abuse me at this point and was seriously questioning his mental sanity. So I pleaded him to let me go in the flight and after few more minutes of hysteric yelling, he let me go to the air craft. Another Emirates ground supervisor was watching this whole incident and he was horrified too. I found out from him that it was illegal in Dubai to do everything that guy did to me.

The off duty supervisor also thought what happened was racist, illegal, was a disgrace to the entire air line and the air line policy requires an investigation and a possible termination of employment for the crazy supervisor.

There were 3 security cameras at the gate recording this incident and a few passengers were recording this too. I made an official complaint to the air line and still haven’t got a response from them.

Review about: Emirates Airlines Flight Attendant.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments