Emirates Commercial Complex,Sheikh Khalifa Street,Al Mutawaa,Al Ain - Abu Dhabi - United Arab Emirates
1.7
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

I recently took a flight from Addis Ababa to Delhi from Emirates and had the worst flying experience of my life so I just wanted to share my experience with fellow travelers. Emirates' confusing baggage policy: The website has multiple version for the same information and the customer support's speed of response is at least more than a week so if you are booking a ticket with Emirates then it is good to figure out the baggage policy first.

Confusing Airport layout and apathetic boarding process: I ended up missing the second part of my flight with Emirates. I arrived at 20:50 pm and then went through security check and other formalities to head to the gate B18 to catch my flight at 22:00 pm. As B18 is far from my landing gate, I took more than 40 minutes to reach B18. As B18 does not have a seating area next to departure, I took a seat a bit away from the gate hoping that I will get a alert from flight announcement to catch my flight.

Between time zone differences and lack of annoucements, I reached the gate 2 minutes after the gate has been closed. Although I understand that Emirates does not have control over the airport layout system, Emirates might avoid these occurences by either annoucing the flights or sending notifications to the travelers as it is easy to lose sense of time during time zone changes. Rude on the ground staff: I admired the in-flight experience of Emirates. However, the on ground staff was one of the rudest I ever encountered.

A majority of on the ground staff is outsourced to other companies so most of them do not adhere to Emirates quality levels and are just plain rude to customers. Inconsistent check-in policy: At the last moment an Emirates' employee decided to check-in my cabin baggage which has a tiny amount of fragile luggage. I asked the representative whether Emirates would take the responsibility if anything breaks in my luggage but the representative clearly refused it.

In the end, I found a broken piece of equipment in my luggage, which Emirates would not cover. Based on these experiences, I would never fly Emirates again and recommend that no one else should as well.

Review about: Emirates Airlines Baggage Policy.

Comments