Oslo, Oslo

I was travelling from Dubai to Houston (EK 211) on Saturday 23rd 2014. During the flight I experienced some back pain and some bleeding and notified the cabin crew of my symptoms as well as the fact that I am pregnant. After consulting with the online doctor they concluded that they could not give me any pain killers and that the flight must make an emergency landing at Oslo, Norway so that I may be examined by medical personnel to see if I was fit to fly on wards to Houston. I was told by the flight attendant that I would most likely be examined on the plane and if I was cleared to travel that I would be allowed to stay in the aircraft. After examining me, the paramedics decided that I should take two tablets for the pain and my vitals were OK and I was fit to travel.

We were waiting for the aircraft to be refueled when I was told to gather my belonging along with my Husband and two years old son and leave the aircraft as I had to see a doctor. This decision was made by the emirates staff and possibly the captain even after the paramedics had cleared me to fly.

We were turned over to a local travel agency along with our baggage with the knowledge that emirates would cooperate with this agency to make accommodations for us including hotel and onward ticket to Houston.

After struggling to get a visa for my Husband who is an India citizen we decided for me to see a doc to obtain a medical report that would clear me to fly as was requested by emirates in the hopes of boarding the plane once again. Since the plan was under maintenance for about 3 hours,I was successful in obtaining a medical report at which time the plane was still here in Oslo however we were not allowed to broad the plane. So we turned to the Travel agency ( Aviator) for the accommodations that we were promised, only to find Emirates had told the agency that we had to make all the arrangements ourselves and we might be reimbursed for the hotel and the tickets if we file the claim when we reached Houston.

We are now in Oslo still waiting to hear back from Emirates about our travel and accommodation arrangements/ reimbursement. We have called several offices since morning and waiting for someone to call us back.

We would like to know if this is the way to treat a pregnant women, you just leave them in a country where they don't know anybody with no direction on what to do next? If not for the local police and the kindness of paramedics we would still be sitting in the airport like we were for almost 6 hours yesterday. Is this the type of ethical business practice that one would expect from a world class company and is this humane?

Product or Service Mentioned: Emirates Airlines Flight Attendant.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments

#861989

So sorry to hear yur story. Have you received any feed back?

we have experienced the same thing but in our case it was the infant and it was around 2 days stranded on airport. I will appreciate if you cold provide with email contact of the customer service.

thanks