San Francisco, California
2.6

Poor Customer Service after Cancelled Flight

My wife and I took our dream trip to South Africa and spent the extra money to fly first class. We were flying from SFO to Johannesburg via Dubai.

As you can imagine the price of the first class ticket was astronomical ($38,000.) but we wanted a once in a lifetime experience. There were some electrical problems on the plane so we had to de-plane and then wait in the airport hour by hour until we were eventually told it was cancelled about 7 hours later. We got no information about what to do from the land crew and went to a hotel and were eventually able to rebook for the following day at about 2:00 am. The delay cost us about $2000.

on the other end because we missed the first part of our safari. Given the price we paid for the ticket I asked them to refund us the loss or credit us the equivalent amount towards a future ticket on Emirates.

We were basically told "sorry, but no."... I was pretty stunned at the response.

Product or Service Mentioned: Emirates Airlines Flight.

Monetary Loss: $2000.

Preferred solution: credit of $2000. towards price of a future ticket or a refund.

Emirates Airlines Pros: In-flight service, Seats, Food.

Emirates Airlines Cons: Poor ground customer service.

• Worst service emirates

Comments

How was the service and accommodation in First Class?

Emirates Airlines Reviews