I was on a Flight EK761 from Dubai (DBX) to Johannesburg (JNB) which was scheduled to depart on 23 January 2013 at 0440hrs and arrive JNB at 1050hrs on January 23 2013.

The arrival at JNB by Flight EK761 was delayed and arrived at JNB only around 1500hrs on 23 January hence I missed my connection to Windhoek, Namibia. My flight to Windhoek which was scheduled to depart at 1230hrs on the 23 January. I was given a flight the next day.

I requested from an Emirates staff for a letter to confirm the delay and my missed connection for travel insurance claim and I was told that this can only be done at the Customer Service Counter in Dubai.

On my return flight from Dubai, I went to the Customer Service Counter at the departure lounge. The staff gave me an email address and told me to write to emirates for the confirmation of the flight delay.

On my return I called the customer service line 03 6207 499 and was told to go into http://www.emirates.com/us/english/help/contact_us and to seek this confirmation letter.

I am waiting since February 4 for a letter of confirmation from Emirates on the flight delay. I have made two written complaints and numerous calls to their customer service and till date there is still no response.

8. My insurance company requires this confirmation before they can process my claims. This is service at its worst.

Product or Service Mentioned: Emirates Airlines Flight.

Comments