Kuala Lumpur, Kuala Lumpur

I was travelling back from Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne on Business Class and when I got at Central for Check In the counters were closed at 1.30pm when the flight was suppose to leave at 3.30pm and the staff had gone for their lunch break with no replacement staff working.I rushed to KLIA Airport and got there by 2.40pm and the counters were also closed prior to one hour before the flight and the ground staff refuse to let me check in even though I was a business class passenger and told me that I had to pay a penalty fee of $200 Aud /RM 646.00 and do a booking for the next day. I was shocked to hear what information he was giving me and I told the staff that he can contact the baggage and chief crew of Emirates and inform them that there is a Business Class passenger to take the flight and they will wait for me but he refused to do that for me and told me to wait till the counter opens again at 4.30pm.I was so stressed out and upset with the attitude of the ground staff working for Emirates as I travel a lot with Emirates and love flying with me and had never had any issues like this before but the staff were not apologetic or felt any remorse to me.I had no mobile phone to contact my family and thank God there was wireless at the airport and was messaging them to let them know about my situation.The counter opened at 4.30pm and I went told them my situation and they were very rude and we're not helpful and instead asked me if I can afford to pay the penalty fee and I was so upset already and to ask that question was not necessary at all.I paid my penalty fee as they did not want to come to any resolution and overall treating a Business Class passenger in a inappropriate way was also not comfortable at all.I am doing this complain to let you know what I went through when my flight was missed and wanted to know if that was the right thing done by the ground staff at Kuala Lumpur Airport to the passenger and what am I suppose to do from here on to get my money of the penalty fee I paid at the airport when the counters should be closed 45 minutes before takeoff of the flight or if people who are on standby only wait 30 minutes before they take their flight.There must be a way to sort this issue and I would appreciate if you got back to me via email as follows: monijee@gmail.com and would not like to be treated the way I was treated by the ground staff at the Kuala Lumpur Airport and something has to be done about this of how to treat your passengers travelling on such a reliable Airline Emirates and worldly recognised around the world.

Thank you.

M.Singh

Product or Service Mentioned: Emirates Airlines Flight.

Comments