Dubai, Dubai

Dear sir, we have visited Dubai for ten days and we had a flight reserved from Dubai to Phuket, we had valid visa for Thailand my wife passport was valid for 5 and half month, she is permanent resident of usa, she travel from usa to Dubai with emeirates airline, now she had flight from Dubai to Phuket and emerates counter lady she refused us to travel because passport was valid for 5 and a half month, she cancelled our flight and advised us rebook flight next available flight, there were no problem at all for travel to Phuket, now it was not our fault, we had 2 month valid visa, and valid passport for 5 and half months, today we went again to emeirates counter and they were telling us we were no show that's why we have to pay fine $400 for next flight reservation, it was not our fault, she cancelled our flight in front of us,and told us she will not extracharge for next booking, so se did not pay it and came back to our hotel, so now I want emirates air line please compensate our loss, our travel from usa to Dubai, hotel expenses, taxi transportation, Dubai to Phuket ticket money loss, rerent the hotel, and all the big mess happened because of emeirates air lines un trained staff, we spent 10 hours on july 30th, and then july 31st, we got the confirmation from the Thailand they don't have any problem for the passenger have 5 and half month valid passport and valid visa, so please I am claming $10,000 dollars of loss of our time and money which emeirates caused during our Dubai stay, next time we will never travel by emirates air lines due to very very bad and toutured experience, my name is saleem mavani, and my email id is saleemmovani@yahoo.com my contact in Dubai is 00971544241683

Product or Service Mentioned: Emirates Airlines Flight 378.

Reason of review: me and my wife travel from usa to dubai , pukhet , and dubai and usa all messed up because of bad coustomer service of emeirates air lines..

Emirates Airlines Pros: Yes.

Comments

#1193264

The passenger is responsible for having proper passports and visas. Although your wife's visa may be proper, her passport is not valid for the required 6 months.

See U.S. Department of State which quotes as follows for Thailand: "PASSPORT VALIDITY: Six months from date of entry." Since your wife did not have 6 months on her passport, her entry would not have been proper according to the rules. You should have checked this out and had her passport renewed before you started your trip.

Your post states that Thailand has not problem with the 5 1/2 month passport.

Certainly any country can waive its requirements. But the airlines operate and have to operate on what the rules clearly state. It is not the airlines' fault her passport was set to expire.

Anything you get from the airlines is a gift you should be grateful for, and especially don't expect any $10,000 to be paid because of a mistake you made.

EtihadHelp
#1192990

Dear Guest,

We are sorry to hear about your experience.

For us to look into this further, kindly email us on socialmedia@etihad.ae *Fabio

Emirates Airlines Reviews