Islamabad, Islamabad

I was going to attend a conference at Banglore, India scheduled on 15-16 Dec 2012. I applied online for Indian visa at Indian High Commissioner Islamabad. I phoned my travel agent , Vital world Travel, 7, Kulsum Plaza, Blue Area Islamabad, Pakistan, 0092-51-2206858 who asked about my visa status which I confirmed that I have applied for but not got yet, but I did tell him that I intend to travel to Bangalore, India. He should have known that India allows Pakistani visitors etc to enter & exit India at four ports only but they did not asked perhaps they did not know about it. My reservation No. EK/LCDFZJ/KUNDI/IRFANULLAH MR/

TICKET:EK/ETKT 176 2047367244.

I got visa stamped on my passport around 5pm on 12th Dec 2012 while my departure was at 330 on 13th Dec2012. When I arrived Islamabad Airport, there the Emirated receptionist issued two boarding cards one for ISB-DXB & another frpm DXB-BLR despite the fact that my visa was clearlyshowing that port of entry/& exit was Delhi & places to be visited, Bangalore only. When I arrived at Dubai there again looked at my passport & visa and let me travel to bangalore. When I arrived at Bangalore, there the immigration officer showed on my passport that I am not allowed to enter from banagalore, instead he toldEmirates airlines incharge ( of Indian origin) that airliner has brought me to the wrong port and that Emirates air liner will be fined for that. I had my host Manager from Narayana Nethralaya hospital waiting outside to receive me but they did not allow me to have spoken to them and another emirates flight ready for departure to Dubai, they immediately boarded me on that and the manager of Emirates airline at Bangalore reassured me that this forced return to Dubai will not cost me. When I arrived at Dubai I was along with my passport etc handed over to a deportation representative ? from emirate air line and at Dubai airport I was told by the deportation personel that I will have to travel back to Islamabad. Pakistan and have to resume journey for India again. I insisted to meet the senior officer out of deportation department who was kind who listtened to my problem that I am British passport holder and I can come out of Dubai airport with that and plan my journey from there as well. He told me to buy another returned ticket from Dubai to Delhi and Via Air India from Delhi To bangalore and continue journey in order not to miss the conference and the write to emirates about this mismanagement.

Sir, I am very much disappointed about this maltreatment by Emirates staff who are not only negligent but well disinformed and ill trained who could have diverted myself to Delhi from Dubai if they had spotted the problem at Dubai airport. altogether I have paid 417 sterling pounds for my returned ticket from Dubai to Delhi and 22,000 indian rupees to Air India for my returned ticket from Delhi to Bangalore.

Under the circumstanes I would be grateful if I ma compensated for all this and the concerning people punished for their inefficiency for not knowing their job well.

Regards,

Dr Irfan Kundi, FRCS

Eye Surgeon,

Al0Ain International Eye hospital,

St No 53, Plot No 152, Sector G-10/3

Islamabad, Pakistan

tel: 0092-300-5319353

email: i_kundi@yahoo.com

Product or Service Mentioned: Emirates Airlines Flight.

Comments

#1119490

Aren't you foolish.

Your travel agent has booked your ticket to the wrong destination. Or did Emirates force you onto the Bangalore flight ?

Are you really a Doctor ? Scary.

It is the passenger's responsibility to ensure he has the correct visas for intended travel.

Emirates Airlines Reviews