Arlington, Texas

I would like to share my disappointment and the ordeal that I had to go through during my trip from Dubai to Dallas (USA) on Dec 13 2014 with Emirates Airlines.

I checked almost 2 hrs before, collected the Boarding Pass and checked baggage tags, yet I was left stranded at the gate. Unfortunately, I was waiting on the upper level whereas the flight left from the lower level. For new tourists like us there was no signboard to say that passengers have to go down the elevator & be seated at the lower level. Also, no announcement/ efforts were made to ensure that all the checked passengers were onboard. I kept waiting for the lines to be formed but there were no lines made for passengers to board. When I personally checked, I was told that the flight is about to leave & was refused to board the plane.

The Emirates flight EK221 from Dubai departs at 2:45AM and I was inside the terminal well before time waiting at my departure Gate A-1. Being midnight hrs & travelling alone, I never wandered anywhere beyond the departure Gate. Without any consideration for being a lady passenger, I was rudely told by the emirates officials at the gate to rebook my flight. I had to pay AED 3,020 for rebooking the flight for next day. Originally, I had paid only USD1,299.33 for my return ticket from US to India, with a stopover at Dubai, whereas this time I had to pay USD848.53 (AED3,020) for just Dubai to Dallas (US) one way trip. After enduring almost 6 hours of physical and mental stress at the wee hrs of morning, I had to make personal arrangements to spend the night, thus incurring extra expense.

I tired to contact Emirates through "Contact Us" option available on Emirates website but sorry to say that no one has either responded to my concern or tried to contact me.

I travel frequently from US to India and this was my 2nd trip with Emirates in just 6 months. In fact yesterday itself I have made another return booking with Emirates from USA to India and paid only USD971.73. Unfortunately my recent experience was very disappointing. For me to continue using Emirates in future, I CERTAINLY demand a fair treatment by Emirates Management and expect at least a refund of USD848.53 as a compensation for all the stress and monetary expenses that I incurred as a result of this situation.

Product or Service Mentioned: Emirates Airlines Flight Attendant.

Comments