Windsor, Connecticut

I have been a long time Emirates customer, and am writing with regards to a very disturbing situation that I am currently dealing with.

In April of this year, I booked tickets for my wife, myself and our 1 year old (bassinet seat) on a flight from JFK - COK via DXB. The reservation code is HYU27W. I specifically asked for and was assigned the following seats PLUS A BASSINET SEAT:

EK 202 - 23F, 23G and bassinet

EK 532 - 27F, 27G and bassinet

EK 533 - 27F, 27G and bassinet

EK 201 - 23F, 23G and bassinet

I am now being told that after a plane change, there are no longer any bassinet seats available and our seats have been completely reassigned to someone else. There is absolutely no way I am traveling on this flight without a bassinet seat, especially since I booked this in April and I have already paid for it! I called the 24-hour customer service line three times describing the situation. Each time I was told that someone would call me back the next day with a resolution but each time no one has called me back. I am told that Emirates has simply run out of bassinet space.

This is absolutely unacceptable. I have travelled on Emirates many times in the past. My grandparents are also on this flight and have travelled on Emirates many times in the past. I am a Star Alliance Gold member and travel between the US and Asia over 15 times a year. I am appalled at the customer service I have received. The Emirates I know has a fantastic reputation for quality which is why I am shocked at this kind of treatment.

To make matters worse, I am told that bassinet seats are available on the flight, but only on Business Class - so why not just put us on the business class seats?!?!?! If I am unable to obtain a bassinet seat on this flight I will have to book myself, my wife, my daughter and our two grandparents at business class ticket prices with another airline on Dec 17th anyway.

Comments

Nice try my friend. But such tricks don't cut any ice with Emirates Airlines.

They have specially trained personnel and if the Customer Service didn't get back to you every time you tried means that they saw through your trick.

But please keep trying. Who knows it may work one day.

If you gave birth to the kid. Carry the ***!!!!!

You want to pay economy class get business class seats. Nice try scammer.

There are lots of parents out there and none of them take advantage. Shame on you.

Emirates Airlines Reviews