West End, Queensland

I sent letter of complaints to Emirates Customers Affairs (below);

Cairns 10 N0v. 2014

Dear Emirates Customer Service,

My wife, Krystyna, and I recently booked flights from Paris to Cairns on Emirates departing Paris on 13/10/2014 on flight EK0074.We were about to board Emirates flight EK0074 from Paris CDG airport to Dubai when it was announced that due to technical reasons the flight will be delayed by 30 minutes. The announcements were repeated every 30 minutes until the delay accumulated to approximately 3.5 hour. This was worrisome for us as our connecting flight from Dubai to Brisbane was departing only 2hr 25 minutes after EK0074 planned arrival to Dubai. We expected that this connecting flight would wait for interconnecting passengers but EK0432 took of from Dubai as planned leaving sizable group of stranded passengers in Dubai.

On arrival in Dubai, we were provided with boarding passes for Emirates EK372 flight to Bangkok which was scheduled for take-off at 9:40 AM (7 hr. later than EK0432 Brisbane flight) and itinerary for further connections to Cairns via Brisbane by Thai International flight TG437 to Brisbane and connecting Qantas flight QF784 to Cairns. We finally arrived in Cairns at 16:25, 7 hours behind original schedule.

We understand that delays can occur however this was an unsatisfactory ending to what was otherwise memorable holiday in Europe. As compensation for lost time we were provided with food vouchers to use in Dubai which were not adequate compensation as they equated to one cup of instant coffee and one sandwich of dubious quality at the airport.

To add insult to injury, the frequent flyer points for Bangkok –Brisbane leg were deducted from our points acquired for Paris-Cairns trip as this leg was performed by a different airline (not Emirates or Qantas airline). This is unfair and makes us consider whether we would use Emirates for any further international flights as we had booked and paid for a fare with Emirates and it was through no fault of our own and at great inconvenience to us that we flew one leg of our trip with Thai airways instead of Emirates or QANTAS.

We request that the Frequent Flier points be reinstated to our account and a formal apology and compensation for inconvenience and time lost be issued.

Best regardsEdward and Krysstyna Piorkowski

Today I received answer as below;

Our ref: DXB/X/YH/131114/6979872

Mr Edward Piorkowski

Email: piorkowski.edward@gmail.com

Dear Mr Piorkowski,

Thank you for your correspondence in relation to your recent experience when you and Mrs Krystyna Piorkowski travelled from Paris.

On behalf of Emirates, please accept my sincere apologies for the delay encountered on flight EK074, from Paris to Dubai, on 13 October 2014. As you are aware the aircraft scheduled to operate this flight was delayed due to technical reasons. A report from our Airport offices shows that the computerised records indicate that the flight was delayed by 02 hours and 53 minutes.

Although every effort is made to achieve on-time departures, which is an integral part of our product, there are occasions when flights are delayed/cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances. The safety and security of our customers and staff is of paramount importance to Emirates, and we are sure you will concur with this position.

Nevertheless, I apologise for the inconvenience experienced on this occasion.

May I take this opportunity to explain that the minimum connecting time between two Emirates flights at Dubai International airport is set at 75 minutes. This is to ensure smooth transfer of passengers and baggage between the two aircrafts, and to this end our Reservations team rebooked you for travel from Dubai to Cairns, via Bangkok and Brisbane, on the next flight, TG473 and QF0784, on 14/15 October.

As a customer focused business we take no pleasure in seeing our passengers disappointed. Therefore as a gesture of goodwill, without prejudice or admission of liability, I am pleased to offer you and Mrs Piorkowski with 10,000 complimentary Skywards miles, should you both wish to join. You may join individually online at www.skywards.com. Once members, kindly provide your individual membership numbers, and we will arrange the credit of these Skywards miles.

Lastly, I note your comments pertaining to missing Qantas points. May I respectfully refer you to Qantas Frequent Flyer, who may be able to assist you with your enquiry.

Thank you for taking the time and trouble to detail your experience and for bringing to our attention, those aspects of our service that did not meet your expectations. Although we cannot change what has occurred, I would like to take this opportunity to assure you that the events that you have detailed are not indicative of the level of service that we strive to offer our customers.

Thank you for giving us an opportunity to review this matter and we look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you aboard Emirates again soon.

Yours sincerely,

Yuhei Hill

Customer Affairs Australasia

I will never fly emirates again

Edward