Fort Worth, Texas
1.6

Hello,

I spent 30,000 miles and $58 on shipping to order some jewelry and clothing for my parents and sister from Emirates High Street to India. The problems I've faced since then are as follows:

Initially there was no mention or conformation of delivery address due to which I had to contact Emirates High Street for conformation.

My parcel is stuck in customs in Pune, India because Emirates High Street incorrectly mentioned my 'street name' under the 'company name'. It's been there since 5 days now. Fed-Ex had asked me to complete 3 forms and 2 supporting documents to show that I'm an individual and not a company for which I'd have to pay custom tax.

I work 12-14 hours a day and really didn't have time to work on this issue. However, it took me 3 hours and submitted and approved the documents. Now, Fed-Ex has asked me to deliver the documents to them that would cost me another $100. It's painful as I've to go through these issues from a mistake on the part of High Street.

The worst issue is that I've contacted High Street and I haven't heard from them since 72 hours. Emirates customer service folks told me High Street is contracted out and they can't do anything about my issue.

I'm still considering pressing charges as I believe High Street represents the Emirates brand due to which I bought from it. Hence, it needs to deliver on its promise. I paid shipping to High Street and they're are liable for every $ I paid.

Irrespective, the reason I bought my parents the gift does not hold anymore. My order number is 1028868 and Fed-Ex tracking number is 663003312609 if that's of any help.

I don't know if they can refund my miles.

Varun Gadia

Product or Service Mentioned: Emirates Airlines Flight.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments