Dubai, Dubai

Hi, I took Emirates from Chennai to Dubai recently (Sep 2011) and at the time of booking (online) I had chosen Asian Veg meal. When the meal was being served I was asked what do I prefer and I suggested Asian Veg as indicated during my booking and that there is no need to clarify the meal option again.

The crew member suggested she would need to ask me again because "there is no meal preference available for Indian sector" and she said that in a very harsh & rude manner. I told this is incorrect and if so, why Emirates provides choosing meal option online. She had no answer and proceeded without any reply. This is unacceptable and the crew really needed training on how to handle customers.

As a passnger I have the right to ask for what I have paid and she was so rude and ignorant on basic etiquettes. Need to rethink my choice of airline next time around...

Comments

Bottom line Emirates staff on the flight and in the office are not very friendly. I have had an equally bad experience with Etihad airlines. I just have decided to use other airlines and never to use UAE based airlines again.

why would you grab at water bottles intended for business and first class paying passengers? If you are not one yourself?

Like you said, you are always really thirsty on these flights...

are there no water bottles in duty free? My my..

I have run into a variety of female and male flight crew with serious attitudes on Emirates, do they get enough rest or what, I just don't get it and never experienced anything like it really. They are abrupt in the way that they inform and instruct individual passengers.

I have seen them ignore people and the call lights are useless. I activated my call light and no one ever came, ever...on different flights. I am thinking they dont work. I am always really thirsty on these flights because it seems that they distribute water in a random/unplanned fashion.

[I travel the route from New York to Dubai 2 times a month usually]. Sometimes they give out water without people having to hunt them down for it. Other times you have to try to grab at it as they pass you by with bottled water on trays that are entering and leaving business and first class. I have never seen an airline that makes it so blatantly obvious that they are treating economy -class passengers different --with diminished regard.

Flight crew please refrain from responding. This is a complaint board and I don't need to hear from you.

stripes49

Oh but I will say that I noticed they were quite discriminating towards people with brown complexion skin tone.

stripes49

I am Muslim but they still disrespected me. So, race does not matter. They just treat all their consumers badly!

You think that is the worst they do? I had gotten food poisoning from Emirates airline.

They gave me old and spoiled food. I tried to get them to assist me in the matter and even contacted BBB and in return they sent me hateful emails and denied to help me.

They are a very bad company. I will never use their airlines ever again in the future!

I believe this Tasha is a big time pain in the ***… *** dosent even wants to try n understand the problem… :(

Emirates treats you well only if you are a muslim or a white if not they treat you like ***.I can give 100 reasons why not to travel in emirates.They discriminate in every thing not just food.I have decided not to travel in that airline.Some of the issues were very very racial.They dont feed you and make you starve.When iam travelling in emirates i always bring my own food and advise the same to every one.travelling in emirates is like paying to get treated like ***.

I have flown many many times internationally from the US to India and also to many other countries from US like China, EU, Brazil etc. I have found that once you are up in the air, you are at the mercy of the airline no matter what you have ordered, your desitination, which airline, which class etc.

I can speak to both ends. Flight attendants, please note that we dont have a choice when it comes to food or anything else and some of us we have just reached Dubai after a 15 hr flight, so the least you can do is give us some food of our choice before we go home.

We on the other side should understand that on bad days we might not get what we want. At the end of the day since flight population has increased, the service quality will come down.

4Justice

So you didn't like the service and due to whatever circumstances that happened you didn't get a meal that you requested online? This is discrimination how?

As a frequent flyer, I get annoyed by how many passengers like to portray themselves as "victims" when things don't always go as planned. Guess what? Most things in life don't go as planned. Get over it.

If indeed you MUST have vegetarian then stop relying on someone else to provide that for you. Bring whatever food you want to eat on board. Still not satisfied?

Then take another airline or buy a first/business class ticket where you can have people paying more attention to your special needs. By the way, I recently flew AMS-DTW and during meal service I asked for the vegeterian option (even though I rarely eat it) and I heard so many people many rows behind whine because they ran out of vegeterian.

The destinations that EK crew call in sick for the most is any Indian sector. The passenger profile is demanding and unappreciative. No matter how far you try to make them happy they are always unsatisfied. They take so much without even a "Please or Thank you" I understand it can be a cultural difference however in general Indians need to learn some manners!

Gimme Whisky. I order Vegetarian!

Gimme a complaint form!

@Unappreciative Indian p***enge

YOU SHOULD KNOW Y NOW THAT PLEASE AND THANK YOU ARE CULTRALLY SUBJECTIVE WAYS FORMS OF ACKNOWLEDGMENT. YOU REALLY CARE THAT A 60 YEAR OLD INDIAN LADY DOES OT SAY PLEASE AND THANK YOU.

OR THAT PEOPLE DONT USE THE VOCABULARY THAT YOU DO IN ORDER TO MAKE REQUESTS.

SO LONG AS THEY ARE NOT CURSING AT YOU THEN WHY DO YOU REALLY CARE. GROW UP.

@BABIES...

Sometimes they DO curse at you, there are incidents when they TOUCH you and i dont mean accidentally, and sometimes they push you angrily so that you nearly fall. All by experience.

Emirates Airlines Reviews