Fairfax, Virginia

Traveling by myself to Hyderabad from IAD through Dubai. Flight to Dubai is full, already kicking myself over the opera of children crying, but its ok.

We were on the tarmac for 3 hours over a problem with the water system, waited another hour in line to get a meal voucher, boarded back and then asked to leave again because the flight is now officially canceled. We are asked to go to the baggage claim, where our baggage would not show up for another hour and a half, and also at the wrong carousel. When I go back to the check in counter to figure out if I can still find a way to make my connection, no one was there. The ticketing agent, as I figured out later, finally arrives, and slowly a group of 7 or so other customer service people arrive.

None of them know what's going on. they literally had one ticketing agent, others huddling around looking incompetent. No announcements. I call corporate, am told that the flight will leave next morning at 9, but the lady says 2pm.

Still have no idea what's going on, very poor handling of the situation, very little respect given to the elders and folks who could not speak English. I can understand that the customer service folks themselves must have been frustrated, but it is unacceptable to handle a canceled flight of 300 this way.

Will follow up and let you know what happens.

Product or Service Mentioned: Emirates Airlines Flight.

• Canceled flight goes wrong