Emirates Airlines - Is this what it has come down to?
I am a loyal passenger (EK 295 650 191) who has, and for the first time in 20 years of travel, just been completely and utterly humiliated during my business trip. Mr. Claude exhibited complete disrespect towards me despite my constant reiteration of my loyalty to Emirates, and while I was simply trying to politely and without any disrespect explain the reasons of my delay. This took place once at the A terminal, Gate A13 at the Dubai International Airport prior to departure, and AGAIN within the aircraft itself, as he came back to yell some more.
Mr. Claude, the flight supervisor for flight EK 813 started off by ordering the personal at the door to not accept my boarding pass. He later called for my baggage to be off-loaded, even though I was already present at the gate and the plane had not yet closed its door since this was taking 20 minutes prior to *** time. I had to literally beg him and apologize for explaining myself, and only then did he give the order for my baggage to be reloaded to the flight and allowed me on board. I asked for his name in a nice handshake gesture, he refused to provide it claiming I don't need it. I later asked another member of your staff to provide his name and informed them that I would be taking immediate action to address the rudeness and lack of professionalism with in which Mr. Claude handled the matter.
Later on, Mr. Claude came to the aircraft, started yelling in front of all other passengers; "who are you to get me fired? - I will get you off this plane now - Give me your boarding pass now!"... I tried to calm him down as he asked me to go out of the aircraft, which I politely did. I also remained calm and respectful despite the humiliation I was experiencing. I had to calm him down, yet again, explain that my intention was not to get him fired, but only to report the incident. And that initially, I was not justifying my delay, I was simply explaining why it took place.
Sir, Mam; if it was not absolutely indispensable for me to take this flight, I can assure you I would have turned my back and walked away. What happened is simply unacceptable. As a consultant with one of the largest multinational companies, the largest in the ME, I travel 260 days of the year. Not once have I ever experienced or heard of such arrogance, such belittling of a passenger, and such a poor travel experience. Here I am, on board your aircraft drafting this message on my mobile, after having spent 18 hours working non-stop, looking forward for an hour of peace.
I have no words to describe this experience. Again,I have no intention of causing problems to Mr. Claude, but I will not keep this story to myself and will escalate the matter to our global logistics director who I believe will take the necessary steps in advising on the best way forward for myself and all company members. I cannot size the number of flights our company takes with your airlines right now, but I can emphasize the loyalty and respect I have had and my company members have had for your crew all along. My customer experience has been by far superior than with any other regional airlines, and I have voiced this praise in every blog, social media and survey that has come my way. I cannot say this will be the case going forward, and I am sorry to inform you that I will no longer fly with your esteemed airlines.
This was not a regular incident. I was simply late and I did not deserve this kind of treatment. I neither raised my voice, nor used inappropriate language, nor even insinuate any rudeness. I, the customer, apologized, several several times, and had to beg my way on board, literally. And after all this humiliation, I shook his hand while a kind lady from the airport was apologizing on his behalf.
I would be happy to provide a detailed account of what took place simply for it not to take place again with another customer, especially for those who would still have to fly in the coming days. I can assure you I am not in the business of twisting facts, and will report things exactly as they took place. I only hope you treat this with utmost urgency and attention and I thank you in advance for your cooperation and understanding.
This saddest part is not Mr. Claude, it is the justification letter Emirates sent - till this day, 1 month into the incident, they have not taken a single step towards correcting this.
Incidents happen, and that's fine. But not owning up to them, that's just poor CRM.f02ff2f review #479812
You may also like
- "I received one of these "Award Notifications" from "US Airlines" the other day in the amount of $1350.00 for 2 round trip tickets to anywhere in the US. Mine..."
- "Sir, ma'am, or more than likely automated machine, "Customer relations" as your airline calls it is appalling. When my flight was delayed 2 hours because there was no crew for the..."
- "I seldom make written complaints about service, but find it very necessary to inform you of the substandard and horrible service provided by Etihad Airways. I will NEVER in my..."
- "Six months ago I banned an annoying little fella from my Cam4 broadcast room because he kept giving me orders and making rude demands. Unfortunately that minor rejection flicked a..."
- "I BUY SALADS AT YOUR CARL'S JR. OFF HWY 79 IN TEMECULA CA. I AM REALLY DISAPPOINTED HOW THEY COULD SELL THERE SALADS WITH MISSING ITEMS AND YELLOW LETTUCE....WE..."
- "I, Ron Pratt worked with the above customer while trying to come to an agreement on a vehicle. I tried several nice says to tell him that because of his..."
- "I sent a document with tracking number EE033906795AE and it has not been delivered. Please use the below address;Susan DelaneyProgram Coordinator International Foundation for Protection Officers P.O. Box 771329 Naples,..."
- "Supplier delivered a Faulty PCB in OPEN Original Siemens box. Not Replacing. Dispute Settlement and Buyer protection process...it is NON-Existent..Seller Sold the Item as NEW. but Supplied Faulty in Siemens..."
- "I went to ask for Devere Group to transfer my UK pension abroad from the UK. Well, last time I do that! They said sorry we can not help as..."